The Friday morning preliminary report by Entebbe Police Division has classified the shootings that happened along Entebbe Express Highway on Thursday night as Murder by Shooting, and recorded it as CRB:978/2019.
sabasabaupdates has published a full report including police response to the shootings, the findings of investigators at the scene of crime, and the inquiries to follow.
ENTEBBE DIVISION CRB: 978 MURDER BY SHOOTING
On the 5/9/2019 at about 2300hrs the DPC Entebbe SP Kawonawo Baker received information of shooting at Nambigirwa bridge along Kampala-Entebbe express highway in Katabi town council Wakiso district.
1. The crime scene was responded to by a team of detectives, being headed by DPC, SOCO, dog handler and backed by flying squad and JAT and other sister agencies.
2. Crime scene was examined by the SOCO (scene of crime officers)
3. The police dog was introduced to the crime scene to track the suspect(s).
4. One AK-47 riffle No. UG POL56-3100699022697 with 27 rounds of live ammunition recovered at the scene.
5. Three empty cartridges were recovered at the scene.
6. One Counter Terrorism Uganda police cap and a magazine porch was recovered from motor vehicle reg.No.UAW 534B Prado TX black in colour at the scene.
7. Evidential documents, National ID and driving permit belonging to one Nteyireho Ruhegyera Joshua were recovered from the body at the crime scene.
8. Two bodies were taken to Mulago city mortuary for postmortem examination.
9. The motor vehicle was towed to the police station.
1. It was established that motor vehicle registration number; UAW 543B Prado TX black in colour was found well positioned/parked aside the road at Nambigrwa bridge along Entebbe Express Highway while the engine was still hidroling with lights on while facing the direction of Mpala (Kampala-Entebbe road) with co-drivers door open.
2. In the motor vehicle a body of a one Maya Kamukazi Florence was found in seating position in the behind seat of the co driver with a bullet wounded on the head .
3. Out side the motor vehicle at rare was a body of Nteyireho Ruhegyera Joshua which was lying in a pool of blood with bullet wound on the head while the left hand holding an AK-47 smg riffle.
4. In the motor vehicle was a a piece of paper bearing particulars of No.32693 D/Sgt mutesi and two mobile phones were recovered.
1. Retrieve the post mortem reports from mulago.
2. Obtain relevant witness statements.
3. Subject the riffle and cartridges to the ballistic expert for examination.
4. Forward the particulars of the motor vehicle to Uganda Revenue Authority with of 17a. to retrieve the particulars of ownership of the vehicle.
5. Getting the printout data of the deceased’s phones got in the motor vehicle.
6. Tracking down the suspects to brought to book.
7. Reconstructing the crime scene.
Progressive report to follow.