• Home
  • AGRICULTURE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • LATEST-NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • REGIONAL
  • SECURITY
  • Sports
  • SECURITY
No Result
View All Result
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • AGRICULTURE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • LATEST-NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • REGIONAL
  • SECURITY
  • Sports
  • SECURITY
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home LATEST-NEWS

Rwandan rebels accused of killing Italian Ambassador in DR Congo

Apollo Tusiime by Apollo Tusiime
in LATEST-NEWS, REGIONAL
0
Rwandan rebels accused of killing Italian Ambassador in DR Congo

Slain Ambassador Luca Attanasio; Courtesy Photo

0
SHARES
12
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Kinshasaha government of the Democratic Republic of Congo has said the Democratic Forces for Liberation of Rwanda (FDLR), a rebel outfit operating in DRC are behind attack in which Italian ambassador Luca Attanasio was killed.

You might also like

“At 82, I Can Still Defend Myself”: Museveni Blasts Andrew Mwenda Over ‘Senile’ Claims

Nearly 10,000 Pupils Schooled on Road Safety in Major Inter-Agency Campaign

Ministry of Health Issues Revised SOPs to Combat Ebola Outbreak

Attanasio was on Monday killed in Goma and his death was confirmed by both the Congolese and the Italian Foreign Ministry. Luca Attanasio died alongside an Italian soldier after their car was attacked as they traveled in a UN convoy in the eastern part of the country.

In a statement released on February 22, the Democratic Republic of Congo accused the Hutu ethnic rebel group operating in the Congo for the brutal attack along the route to Rutshuru, Kibumba in Nyirangongo territory.

The DRC government regretted the incident and sent condolences to families of the victims and specifically to the deceased Ambassador’s family. The authorities also expressed commitment to finding a lasting solution to the insecurity in the region.

However, in a separate press statement issued on the same day, FDLR dissociated itself from assassination of the slain ambassador. FDLR said say they were not involved in the attack but also said the assassination spot on the border with Rwanda is not far from a positions of government forces -FARDC and the Rwandan army RDF.

The FDLR said the responsibility of the assassination lies in the ranks of the Rwandan army, FARDC rebels and their sponsors. They condemned the murder of the Italian Ambassador and sent condolences to the Italian government.

Italy’s Prime Minister, Mario Draghi also put out a statement expressing his condolences to the families of the Italian ambassador and the soldier, named as Vittorio Iacovacci.

The WFP said a delegation was on a field trip to visit one of their school feeding programs in Rutshuru when they came under attack.
It added that the route was on a road previously designated safe for travel without a security team.

Rutshuru is just over two hours’ drive from Goma. The road out of the regional capital has been insecure for years with a variety of armed groups operating in the area.

ShareTweet
Apollo Tusiime

Apollo Tusiime

Multi-media Journalist, PR professional and Thinker.

Recommended For You

“At 82, I Can Still Defend Myself”: Museveni Blasts Andrew Mwenda Over ‘Senile’ Claims
LATEST-NEWS

“At 82, I Can Still Defend Myself”: Museveni Blasts Andrew Mwenda Over ‘Senile’ Claims

May 23, 2026
Nearly 10,000 Pupils Schooled on Road Safety in Major Inter-Agency Campaign
LATEST-NEWS

Nearly 10,000 Pupils Schooled on Road Safety in Major Inter-Agency Campaign

May 23, 2026
Ministry of Health Issues Revised SOPs to Combat Ebola Outbreak
LATEST-NEWS

Ministry of Health Issues Revised SOPs to Combat Ebola Outbreak

May 21, 2026
Museveni Summons MPs to State House Ahead of Elections for Speaker of Parliament
LATEST-NEWS

Museveni Summons MPs to State House Ahead of Elections for Speaker of Parliament

May 20, 2026
Anita Among yields to Pressure, Drops Out of Speakership Race
LATEST-NEWS

Anita Among yields to Pressure, Drops Out of Speakership Race

May 18, 2026
Uganda: Martyrs’ Day Celebrations Postponed over Ebola Outbreak in DR Congo
LATEST-NEWS

Uganda: Martyrs’ Day Celebrations Postponed over Ebola Outbreak in DR Congo

May 17, 2026

Stay Connected test

  • 23.9k Followers
  • 99 Subscribers
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Gen. Sejusa labels Free Besigye activists ‘Ignorant Keyboard warriors’

Gen. Sejusa labels Free Besigye activists ‘Ignorant Keyboard warriors’

February 17, 2025
Ugandan Opposition Figure Vanishes After Airport Arrest, Family and Party Demand Answers

Ugandan Opposition Figure Vanishes After Airport Arrest, Family and Party Demand Answers

July 19, 2025
MobileMoney Agent Kidnaps: Communities on High Alert -LATEST NEWS

MobileMoney Agent Kidnaps: Communities on High Alert -LATEST NEWS

December 6, 2024
UCDA Must Go! It is NRM policies which have ‘Developed’ Coffee not Anyone -President Museveni

UCDA Must Go! It is NRM policies which have ‘Developed’ Coffee not Anyone -President Museveni

October 28, 2024
Higher Education Student Loans for 2021-2022 Up for grabs:  Board invites Applications

Higher Education Student Loans for 2021-2022 Up for grabs: Board invites Applications

19
Marriage vows are satanic – Pastor Bugingo

Marriage vows are satanic – Pastor Bugingo

15
Musician Ykee Benda opens a war of words with Eddy Kenzo

Musician Ykee Benda opens a war of words with Eddy Kenzo

10
Ugandan scientist claims he found cure for coronavirus; invites MOH for trials

Ugandan scientist claims he found cure for coronavirus; invites MOH for trials

9
The Politics of God in Africa: How Pastors & WitchDoctors are Cashing in on Uganda’s Cabinet Frenzy

The Politics of God in Africa: How Pastors & WitchDoctors are Cashing in on Uganda’s Cabinet Frenzy

May 24, 2026
“At 82, I Can Still Defend Myself”: Museveni Blasts Andrew Mwenda Over ‘Senile’ Claims

“At 82, I Can Still Defend Myself”: Museveni Blasts Andrew Mwenda Over ‘Senile’ Claims

May 23, 2026
Nearly 10,000 Pupils Schooled on Road Safety in Major Inter-Agency Campaign

Nearly 10,000 Pupils Schooled on Road Safety in Major Inter-Agency Campaign

May 23, 2026
Ministry of Health Issues Revised SOPs to Combat Ebola Outbreak

Ministry of Health Issues Revised SOPs to Combat Ebola Outbreak

May 21, 2026

Recent News

The Politics of God in Africa: How Pastors & WitchDoctors are Cashing in on Uganda’s Cabinet Frenzy

The Politics of God in Africa: How Pastors & WitchDoctors are Cashing in on Uganda’s Cabinet Frenzy

May 24, 2026
“At 82, I Can Still Defend Myself”: Museveni Blasts Andrew Mwenda Over ‘Senile’ Claims

“At 82, I Can Still Defend Myself”: Museveni Blasts Andrew Mwenda Over ‘Senile’ Claims

May 23, 2026
Nearly 10,000 Pupils Schooled on Road Safety in Major Inter-Agency Campaign

Nearly 10,000 Pupils Schooled on Road Safety in Major Inter-Agency Campaign

May 23, 2026
Ministry of Health Issues Revised SOPs to Combat Ebola Outbreak

Ministry of Health Issues Revised SOPs to Combat Ebola Outbreak

May 21, 2026
Sabasaba Updates

SabaSabaUpdates.com delivers breaking news, trending stories, entertainment, politics, sports, and real-time updates from Uganda and beyond — As It Happens.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • AGRICULTURE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • LATEST ARTICLES
  • LATEST-ARTICLES
  • LATEST-NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • REGIONAL
  • SECURITY
  • Uncategorised

Recent News

The Politics of God in Africa: How Pastors & WitchDoctors are Cashing in on Uganda’s Cabinet Frenzy

The Politics of God in Africa: How Pastors & WitchDoctors are Cashing in on Uganda’s Cabinet Frenzy

May 24, 2026
“At 82, I Can Still Defend Myself”: Museveni Blasts Andrew Mwenda Over ‘Senile’ Claims

“At 82, I Can Still Defend Myself”: Museveni Blasts Andrew Mwenda Over ‘Senile’ Claims

May 23, 2026

© 2026 Sabasaba Updates. All Rights Reserved.

error: Content is protected !!
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • AGRICULTURE
  • INTERNATIONAL
  • LATEST-NEWS
  • NATIONAL
  • REGIONAL
  • SECURITY
  • Sports
  • SECURITY

© 2026 Sabasaba Updates. All Rights Reserved.

Not enough quota to unlock this post
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?